Jacob Freeze at TL:
... Obama's muse and main backer Penny Pritzker, that "big stinking kahuna among the certifiable "Butt-Hole Surfers of American banking"...
Net profit for the Pritzkers and Dwormans for bankrupting Superior Bank:
$343 million net profit for diddling away all the deposits in the bank on worthless sub-prime repackaging while paying yourself $200 million in dividends on phony profits!Read below the fold...
House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee Chairman Pete Stark , D-Calif., never shy about attacking industry profits, also issued a statement slamming the private health plans in Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage plans, for making big money at the expense of taxpayers and health plan enrollees.
A pretty interesting article (h/t No Blood for Hubris, via e-mail):
In order to make groupthink testable, Irving Janis devised eight symptoms that are indicative of groupthink (1977).
Read below the fold...
- Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking.
- Rationalising warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.
- Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.
- Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.
- Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".
- Self censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.
- Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.
- Mindguards — self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.
... Mr. Donovan was considered a national innovator in capitalizing on the strong real estate market to find financing for low-cost housing. He held to a middle ground between free-market forces who opposed government controls and liberal groups that believed only government and nonprofit groups could be counted on to provide housing for the working class.Read below the fold...
Sen. Evan Bayh is working to create a Blue Dog coalition in the Senate and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid --quelle surprise!-- is "upbeat" about the idea.
Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) is trying to mobilize moderate Democratic Senators to form a group based loosely on the House Blue Dog Coalition.
“I think we have a wonderful opportunity to break the gridlock that has existed in Washington for too long,” Bayh said in an interview. “We need to do that in practical ways that will solve problems. The place that will be most important in striking that right balance will be in the Senate.”Read below the fold...
Financial dictator Paulson to American people: We're not saying who got your two trillion, so fuck yourself
5:12 on Friday afternoon: a big Fuck You from Hank Paulson to the American people he works for:
The Federal Reserve refused a request by Bloomberg News to disclose the recipients of more than $2 trillion of emergency loans from U.S. taxpayers and the assets the central bank is accepting as collateral.
Quelle surprise! Read below the fold...