From contributor feedback:
1. Saturated the colors in the "machinery" links at the top and bottom of posts so they are more readable.
2. Considered abolishing the "Online users" block--Does anyone have strong feelings one way or the other? Read more about Goodnight, moon
Of course, Karl Rove wasn't in charge of "rebuilding" Iraq. So maybe that was the problem.
The Los Angeles Times actually does some reporting, and it's deja vu all over again. All the signs of Yet Another Republican Clusterfuck are there. They just can't help themselves, can they? Read more about Katrina: The Model for Rebuilding New Orleans is [cough] Rebuilding Iraq
The wonderful, insolite quote from The Editors:
With this issue, The New York Times Magazine introduces a new department: The Funny Pages. No joke - but, we hope, smiles, suspense and satisfaction.
Hey, who is this Mamet guy, anyhow? He sure can write! And you don't have to pay $49.95 to read him, either:
ONE NEEDS TO know but three words to play poker: call, raise or fold.
Fold means keep the money, I'm out of the hand; call means to match your opponents' bet. That leaves raise, which is the only way to win at poker. The raiser puts his opponent on the defensive, seizing the initiative. Initiative is only important if one wants to win.
Modo seems to have had a religious conversion or something. Finally, she gets it... It be even more comforting to think that MoDo knows Bush is on the way down, and is starting to get in her licks now: Read more about Katrina: Our empathetic Preznit...
So, the Republican social engineering begins. They're going to house the Katrina exiles in fucking trailers, oh, I'm sorry, mobile homes, for the couple of years it will Halliburton to make its nut by turning New Orleans into a gated community for rich fucks. Read more about Goodnight, moon
The editors of our free press have decided that reporters can use anonymous sources, as long as the sources give a reason for being anonymous—giving rise to a literary micro-genre. I googled on "Spoke on condition of anonymity because" and got Read more about Spoke on condition of anonymity because ...
Only a few tweaks today:
1. Darkened the light blue for links at the top and bottom of posts, just as a test. Some links escaped and turned to the default blue underlines; but I need to retire to my tiny room under the stairs. Tomorrow for them. Read more about Goodnight, moon
They're calling it an "unexpected error." But that's not exactly true, is it?
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it.
1. Revised comments to look like main page and posts.
2. Feeds: Individual blogs have own feeds; added Atom feed for front page, but need to make a block and a logo for it, which is why it doesn't appear yet. Read more about Goodnight, moon
"n/a"s in the text the result of a misguided attempt by me to.... Well, it's late and it would take too long to explain. I think I'm going to retire to my tiny room under the stairs and meditate on relational databases.... Read more about Goodnight, moon