Can you tell me if what I've got is the real White House phonebook, in case the switchboard's down when I call about Scooter?
[I've been told the answer is "Yes," by an authoritative source, although YMMV because numbers do change. Welcome, Wonkette readers. Welcome, Raw Story readers. If you call, please feel free to check back here, and leave the results of your courteous, polite, civil, and dignified conversation in comments!]
See The White House Phone Directory (May 18, 2007). Because I figure the regular switchboard might be busy tomorrow, but if you've got the White House phone directory, you can just work your way down until somebody picks up. (Actually, in the spirit of CD interviewing people, it might be more interesting and fun to say "Hi! I write for ______________. Do you think that Libby's commuted sentence involved obstruction of justice? Why or why not?")
Most of the numbers in the Directory match what I've been able to glean from open sources, so it looks authentic. The offices are taken from the White House site, and the numbers are formatted like so: 1-202-555-1212 / 1-202-555-1212, where the first number is via internet search, and the second, italic number is from the Directory:
The offices included in the Executive Office of the President.
- Council of Economic Advisers: (202) 456-1414 / (202) 395-5084
- Council on Environmental Quality: (202) 395-5750 / (202) 456-6224
- Office of Administration: (202)456-7921 / (202) 456-2861
- Office of Management and Budget: (202) 395-4840 / (202) 395-4840
- Office of National Drug Control Policy: (202) 395-6738
- Office of Science & Technology Policy: (202) 456-6021 / (202) 456-7116
- President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board: (202) 456-2352
- United States Trade Representative: (202) 395-7360 / (202) 395-3230
The offices included in the White House Office.
- Domestic Policy Council: (202) 456-1111 / (202) 456-5594
- Homeland Security Council: (202) 456-1700
- National Economic Council: (202) 456-1414 / (202) 456-2800
- Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives: (202) 456-6708 / (202) 456-6708
- Office of the First Lady: (202) 456-7074 / (202) 456-7064
- Office of National AIDS Policy : (202) 456-7320 / (202) 456-7320
- Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board: (202) 456-1066
- USA Freedom Corps: 1-877-872-2677 / 1-877-USA-CORPS
- White House Fellows Office: (202) 395-4522 / (202) 395-4522
- White House Military Office: / (202) 757-2151
And the Vice Presidential Entity, whatever branch he ends up in:
- Shooter: (202) 456-9000 / (202) 456-1414
- Shooter's Moll, Lynne: (202) 456-7489
Naturally, if you call the White House to express your disapprobation in the matter of I. Lewis Libby, you will be courteous, and remember that our public servants have important work to do.