2L4O (Too Liberal for Obama) update
Your help getting the word out can make a big difference in sharing far and wide the message that Barack Obama should heed the call for liberal reform. If he won't, and all indications are that he will not, we need to marshal support for a primary and/or third-party challenge.
Rightwingers have the media's ear, with their claims that Obama's presidency represents a socialist extreme. The reality, of course, is that Obama not only isn't a socialist, he's not a liberal, either.
The absence of visible pressure from the left, and the blaming of "liberalism" for Obama's Bush's Third Term policies, is a disaster in a time that calls for change but is getting none.
Shunning liberal policies and marginalizing the liberal base is this administration's ticket to FAIL. As in the failure to fix our most urgent problems, and — as seen in the MA special election — a ticket to electoral failure, as well.
Rather than respect and listen to the Democrats' traditional base, Obama casts us as:
* "liberal bleeding hearts" (i.e., what he also called "little single-payer advocates")
* "latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal(s)"
* "Chablis-drinking limousine liberals," who "seem to value rights and entitlements over duties and responsibilities."
Your 2L4O purchase is a conversation starter for a badly overdue conversation. It also provides financial support to yours truly and the promotional partners listed below. After four years of free blogging, I offer a hearty thank you for that!
We've just begun to get the word out. If you support the 2L4O message, please do one or more of the following...
* Use Digg, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to build interest in 2L4O
* Post about 2L4O in forums, blog comments, etc.
* Share it with liberals and/or media types who might help publicize it. Do you know a minor celebrity? A journalist? A political activist? An on-the-fence blogger who might at least tell the world that this constituency exists?
* Contact me (email@example.com) with fresh ideas on how to popularize 2L4O
If you care to do any of the above, please also take the opportunity to publicize your favorite 2L4O-promoting blog and suggest that purchasers name it as the referrer (thus rewarding them with commissions).
In order of appearance, current 2L4O-supporting blogs are:
* Correntewire (you are here!)
* The Widdershins (commissions pledged to Lambert at Correntewire)
* Blue Lyon (commissions pledged to Doctors Without Borders)
* No Blood for Hubris
* Tennessee Guerilla Women
* The Sideshow
There will be a price increase once we restock, with a switch to union-made/American-made shirts, which should be available for sale around the end of the month.
Again, thanks to all who have helped us get off to a great start, and may you wear your 2L4O shirt in good health and good policy!