How this whole fiscal grift thing will probably pan out
They're going to vote and sign (?) on New Years Eve, late at night. (Just like the NDAA). It might or might not include:
1) unchaining social security benefits from inflation
2) Medicare cuts to PCP (primary care provider) docs (aka, hurry up and die.)
3) the virtual abolition of Medicaid via more cuts to payments for providers (It's not a rightwing myth that docs will literally go bankrupt seeing some/too many medicaid patients.)
4) cutting unemployment insurance
5) little if any cuts will be made to the MIC or Big Ag.
6) tax hikes on on the 1-2% will happen, but they'll be so small, the superwealthy won't even notice.
7) some members of the congressional progressive caucus will be selected to rage against it, but others will "Stand with the President.". I bet they're working out who will play what roles right now.